Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Bonsucro has recently launched a new five-year strategic plan with bold ambitions. We are looking for a Communications and Marketing Coordinator to help us work towards these goals.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator reports to the Communications and Events Manager and would preferably be based in London, though Bonsucro might consider alternative locations for exceptional candidates. The position will be required limited travel, once travelling is permitted again.
You will support the development and execution of Bonsucro’s international communications strategy. This includes both internal and external communications.
As part of the Bonsucro Corporate Services team, you will aid the Communications and Events Manager to develop, implement and maintain internal systems, including Salesforce CRM and the Bonsucro websites, also assisting in the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting on our communication campaigns. Your work will help raise Bonsucro’s profile and reputation as a credible and impactful organisation with our members and influential stakeholders.
In this role, you will help to further develop Bonsucro’s identity and brand: growing our audience and reach on social media, building our media knowledge and relationships in key global markets and sectors and providing members and stakeholders with quality and timely information about our activities and impacts.
You will play a key role in organising Bonsucro online and in-person events, including webinars, training events and Bonsucro Global Week – our flagship annual event. This will encompass event planning, logistics, marketing and follow up communications.
Additionally, you will support all the functional teams both in the UK and overseas. You will also assist the CEO in external engagements as required, including research, preparing presentations and speech writing.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you need to be versatile and organised, with excellent engagement and professional communication skills. You are reliable, proactive and comfortable working in a dynamic international environment with multiple tasks and deadlines. You should have a passion for sustainability and an ability to understand technical information about our work. Your interest in communications is demonstrated through your ability to keep abreast of trends. You can write accurate and engaging copy and can create on-brand content for corporate/not-for-profit social media campaigns and marketing materials.
You are also able to organise large events online and in-person, focusing on the logistical details to deliver events that are smooth, professional, and exciting.
Working at Bonsucro
We provide good development opportunities to our staff, as well as a dynamic and inspiring work environment with a friendly culture. Working as part of a Corporate Services team of six other people, based in central London, you will report to the Communications & Events Manager.
We offer 25 days annual leave plus public holidays, a generous pension scheme with life insurance, learning and development opportunities, season ticket loans, and a childcare voucher scheme. Flexible working arrangements can be discussed, although initially this normally office-based role is likely to involve some working from home in light of Covid-19 related restrictions.
Bonsucro is committed to being an inclusive employer and we value diversity, so we welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates, in particular from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and candidates with disabilities. We encourage applications from all socio-economic backgrounds.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Communications & Marketing
- Provide input into the development and implementation of communications strategies and campaigns
- Create digital content for social media and email campaigns
- Support management of social media channels and online community
- Write news stories, blogs and newsletters
- Help drafting key messages, articles, press releases and media statements
- Provide assistance for regional-led communications activities such as help planning webinars, supporting campaigns and telling region specific stories
- Drive member engagement by preparing impact stories
- Help produce key communications materials such as the annual Outcome Report
- Assist in the development of event programmes and content and coordinate logistics
- Draft and design event marketing materials & liaise with sponsors
- Provide input into the development and implementation of marketing strategies
- Assist the team in writing speeches & presentations
- Deal with member requests to use Bonsucro logos and make sustainability claims
- Monitor and report on the impact of Bonsucro’s communication strategies/channels
- Proactively advise other teams on how to communicate their projects with occasional admin support
- Coordinate Bonsucro’s internal communications to improve delivery of timely, relevant content
- Update the Bonsucro websites
- Provide assistance to the CEO for external engagements
- Manage contractors such as designers and translators
- Experience in communications and social media activities in a professional environment
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Proven copywriting ability
- Familiarity with and prior use of graphic design software (e.g. Adobe CC)
- Proficient with IT-based and web systems (WordPress, Mailchimp and Salesforce are a plus)
- Confidence in delivering administrative and logistical tasks
- Creativity and ability to take initiative
- Prior experience organising events and/or webinars
- Affinity with social and environmental sustainability issues
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong organisational skills and time management
- Good attention to detail
Other desirable criteria
- Ability to speak either Spanish or Portuguese
- Familiarity with sustainable agriculture and / or voluntary sustainability standards
- Prior experience working with membership organisations and/or in an international team
- Track record in media relations
|Reports to||Communication and Events Manager|
|Salary||£27,000 – £30,000 p.a. & benefits|
|Start date||As soon as possible|
|Hours||35 hours a week|
|Contract||Initially until 31 March 2022, with a view to extension|
How to Apply
Please send your CV along with a statement explaining how you feel you can meet the requirements of this role and why you want to work at Bonsucro to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 16 July 2021. We will consider applicants on a rolling basis and so early submission is strongly encouraged. Please note that we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
This job description reflects the core activities of the post. As the service and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. We expect that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. The line manager will consult the post-holder if significant changes to the job description become necessary. Any changes will be reflected in a revised job description.