Monitoring & Evaluation
We are constantly working to improve the social, environmental, and economic sustainability of sugarcane farming and production of its derived products. Our M&E system reflects this.
It’s designed to:
- monitor compliance and measure improvements of Bonsucro’s certified members in relation to the Bonsucro Production Standard,
- help refine and continuously improve the changes that Bonsucro intends to achieve,
- monitor organisational effectiveness, general awareness about Bonsucro, and engagement of the sector.
Our M&E Programme serves three main purposes:
- Outcomes & Impacts Communication: To support the development of a business case, showcase results of certification, and to offer a platform for communicating on the outcomes and impacts of adoption of the Bonsucro Standards;
- Strategies of Bonsucro’s standards: To enable Bonsucro to better understand the effectiveness of its Standards in making behaviour changes and to identify their strengths and weaknesses;
- Organisational Learning & Adaptive Management: To enable Bonsucro to better understand the effectiveness of the organisation and strategies, and to identify issues, trends, and areas for improvement.
Bonsucro Outcome Report
Every year, Bonsucro publishes its Outcome Report to provide stakeholders with a view on key improvements achieved by the sustainable sugarcane sector, made of operators which participate in the Bonsucro platform and/or achieve Bonsucro certification. It is based on analyses carried out by the Bonsucro secretariat using different sources of data. The report seeks to assess key monitoring & evaluation indicators (see Annex 3), to provide an evaluation of the performance of the organisation in delivering its mission and reaching its vision, and to identify the measurable outcomes directly achieved by operators.
Bonsucro Outcome Report 2016/17
Bonsucro Outcome Report 2015/16
Bonsucro Outcome Report 2014/15
Bonsucro Outcome Report 2013/14
Bonsucro M&E Systems Reports
The Bonsucro M&E System Report provides an overview of the monitoring and evaluation practices and tools employed by Bonsucro, and the report supports Bonsucro’s compliance with the ISEAL Impacts Code.
For further information or if you have any comments about Bonsucro’s M&E system, please contact Rafael Seixas (firstname.lastname@example.org