19th November 2018
A key benefit of being involved with Bonsucro is the ability to make claims. The types of claims you can make vary depending on your level of involvement – for example whether you are a Bonsucro member, or have obtained certification, or are a partner of Bonsucro.
Bonsucro’s Claims and Labelling Rules outline the different types of claim available and the rules governing their use. The types of claims are:
- Bonsucro Membership
- Bonsucro Certification
- Physical product trades (off-product claims)
- Physical product trades (on-product claims)
- Credit trades (off-product claims ONLY)
- Bonsucro Accreditation System
- Bonsucro Training
Revising the Claims & Labelling Rules
Bonsucro has just published the latest version of Claims & Labelling Rules – download it here.
- The latest version of the Claims & Labelling Rules replaces the previous version, published in January 2014.
- New packaging or claims developed after publication (if not already pre-approved by Bonsucro, or if artwork or packaging is already in production) must comply with the most current Claims & Labelling Rules document
- Existing packaging needs to become compliant with C&L Rules at the next print run
To introduce the new version and explain the changes and what it means for stakeholders, we are holding several webinars at the beginning of December: