16th May 2018
Bonsucro is looking for a leader to join as Chair to provide direction to the Board of Directors. The role of Chair of the Board encompasses fiduciary responsibilities for the overall good governance of Bonsucro. The Chair has the responsibility to ensure Bonsucro complies with its governing documents, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations, working in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer and Secretariat staff. The role requires significant experience in governance and/or boards as well as an understanding of sustainability, in particular rural sustainability matters, and the operations of a not-for-profit membership organisation like Bonsucro.
The time commitment of this roles involves in being committed to attending all Board meetings, typically held quarterly, and working with CEO and Secretariat.
The desired start date for this position is June 11, 2018.
- Provide leadership to the Board of Directors;
- Ensure that the Board fulfills its legal and fiduciary obligations;
- Ensure that the annual cycle of board meetings is planned, including setting the agendas (supported by the Secretariat); chairing and facilitating Board meetings;
- Provide directions to Board policy-making;
- Monitor that decisions taken at board meetings are implemented (supported by the Secretariat);
- Act as a spokesperson for the Board of Directors (where appropriate);
- Attend and participate as a member of other committees or working groups (when appropriate).
- Leverage one’s professional network to advance the mission and vision of Bonsucroa
Please note that this is not a remunerated position. However, Bonsucro will reimburse reasonable travel, hotel and other expenses properly incurred by the Chair in connection with his/her attendance to Bonsucro meetings.