Finance & Administration Assistant
An opportunity for a candidate with a good level of book-keeping, accounting, and administration skills, who would like to build their experience by working at a growing international not-for-profit organisation and be part of a small, dynamic team at the heart of global sustainability.
About the Role
As Finance & Administration Executive, you will work with the Finance & Risk Manager on all aspects of the finance function (approx. 80% time). Much of your time will be focused on maintaining accurate accounting records, enabling the business to meet its statutory filing obligations, and providing management with accurate, timely and relevant financial information. The role will also encompass supporting the CEO and the wider team in relation to governance administration and other administrative tasks (approx. 20% time).
What are we looking for?
To be considered for the role, you should be able to demonstrate your capability for being an effective finance professional with a keen eye for detail. You will have previously worked in bookkeeping and you would like to pursue your own growth in a finance role. You are proactive and positive in your approach, a doer who ensures that actions are prompt and issues resolved to completion. You have recently worked in a similar role and are familiar with the day-to-day financial activities of a smaller organisation.
As well as being financially literate, you should be an accomplished multi-tasker who enjoys and is capable of providing administrative and organisational assistance to busy colleagues, including the Chief Executive Officer. Being a relatively small organisation with a global reach and a challenging mission, we are looking for someone adaptable, resilient and able to work with a diverse set of colleagues and external stakeholders. An interest in sustainability would round off your profile.
We provide good development opportunities to our staff, as well as a dynamic and inspiring work environment with a friendly culture. Working as part of a Corporate Services team of six people, based in central London, you will report to the Finance & Risk Manager.
We offer 25 days annual leave plus public holidays, a generous pension scheme with life insurance, learning and development opportunities, season ticket loans, and a childcare voucher scheme. Flexible working arrangements can be discussed, although initially this normally office-based role is likely to involve working from home in light of current Covid-19 restrictions.
Bonsucro is committed to being an inclusive employer and we value diversity, so we welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates, in particular from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and candidates with disabilities. We encourage applications from all socio-economic backgrounds.
- Maintain sales, purchase & general ledgers
- Receive, check and process expenses claims
- Create and post month end accounting journals
- Perform weekly bank reconciliations for all accounts (including foreign currency)
- Process payroll for Bonsucro´s UK-based and overseas staff
- Assist with other pay items (pensions, childcare vouchers, loan schemes, etc.)
- Carry out tasks related to credit control
- Assist with weekly payments runs
- Provide additional support to the Finance & Risk Manager, including assisting with preparation of the monthly management accounts, VAT returns, statutory accounts and annual planning and budget setting process
- Coordinate the effective functioning of the London office space (e.g. liaise with office building manager; manage procurement of office supplies; anticipate and deal with any problems before they arise) and the current remote-working setup.
- Provide administration to the Chief Executive Officer and the wider team
- Assist with organisation and logistics of internal/external events and meetings
- Support the organisation of governance meetings, including Board of Director meetings, Sub-Committee meetings and Members Council meetings.
- A good working knowledge of accountancy/bookkeeping principles and common accountancy software packages
- Previous experience in a finance or bookkeeping role (ideally in a not for profit or professional service environment)
- Previous experience in an administrative role
- Strong IT skills, in particular of Excel within a finance and accounting context
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- A proactive approach to work and confidence in working independently
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with others, including remotely based colleagues in the UK and internationally
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Reliable and hard-working
- AAT Advanced certificate in Bookkeeping (or equivalent).
- Familiarity with Xero accounts software
- Experience of dealing with multicurrency accounting
- Language skills in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Office management
|Start date||As soon as possible|
|Salary||£25,000 to £30,000 pa (depending on experience) + competitive benefits package|
|Reports to||Finance and Risk Manager|
|Hours||Full Time (35 hours per week), open to discuss flexible working arrangements for exceptional candidates|
|Contract||Initial 12-months contract with a view to extension|
How to Apply
Please send your CV along with a statement explaining how you feel you can meet the requirements of this role to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 23 January 2021. We will consider applicants on a rolling basis and so early submission is strongly encouraged. Please note that we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
This job description reflects the core activities of the post. As the service and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. We expect that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. The line manager will consult the post-holder if significant changes to the job description become necessary. Any changes will be reflected in a revised job description.