Making Bonsucro-related claims
A key benefit of being involved with Bonsucro is the ability to make claims. The types of claims you can make vary depending on your level of involvement – for example whether you are a Bonsucro member, or have obtained certification, or are a partner of Bonsucro.
Claims & Labelling Rules
Bonsucro’s Claims and Labelling Rules outline the different types of claim available and the rules governing their use. The types of claims are:
- Bonsucro Membership
- Bonsucro Certification
- Physical product trades (off-product claims)
- Physical product trades (on-product claims)
- Credit trades (off-product claims ONLY)
- Bonsucro Accreditation System
- Bonsucro Training
- The Claims & Labelling Rules released in October 2018 replaces the previous version, published in January 2014.
- New packaging or claims developed after publication (if not already pre-approved by Bonsucro, or if artwork or packaging is already in production) must comply with the most current Claims & Labelling Rules
- Existing packaging needs to become compliant with C&L Rules at the next print run