Bonsucro is looking for a communications all-rounder to support the development and execution of our international communications strategy at an exciting time for the organisation.
Bonsucro is the global platform for sustainability in sugarcane. We work with people and organisation across the sugarcane supply chain, including small scale farmers and some of the world’s biggest brands. We recently launched a new five-year strategic plan with bold ambitions and are looking for a Communications and Events Coordinator to help us meet these goals.
The role will be varied and include writing news stories, putting together our monthly bulletin, developing case studies from our impact projects, planning social media, designing digital content, and planning events (both in person and online). Your work will help raise Bonsucro’s profile and reputation in the sugarcane sector and among international sustainability partners.
You will support the Communications and Events Manager to plan, implement and evaluate our communication campaigns. You will also play a crucial role in maintaining internal systems, including Bonsucro websites and Salesforce.
Collectively, the communications team will raise Bonsucro’s profile: growing our audience and reach on social media, building our media knowledge and relationships and providing members and stakeholders with helpful information.
We are looking for someone who is versatile and organised, and has covered a range of communications activities. Ideally, you will be a confident writer, able to understand technical information and translate it into accurate and engaging copy for multiple platforms. You take a proactive approach to coordinating multiple tasks and deadlines. Most importantly, you will be excited learning more about the work of Bonsucro and contribute to engagement of stakeholders through effective communications.
In return, you will get an insight into an international organisation, working at the cutting edge of sustainable sugarcane production and with a friendly, welcoming team.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide input into the development and implementation of communications strategy
- Create digital content for social media and email campaigns
- Support management of social media channels and our online community
- Write news stories, blogs and newsletters
- Help drafting key messages, articles, press releases and media statements
- Assist regional-led communications activities such webinars, support campaigns and tell regional stories
- Drive member engagement by preparing impact stories
- Help produce key communications materials such as the annual Outcome Report
- Assist in development of event programmes and content and coordinate logistics
- Draft and design event marketing materials & liaise with sponsors
- Assist the team to prepare presentations
- Deal with member requests to use Bonsucro logos and make sustainability claims
- Monitor and report on the impact of Bonsucro’s communication strategies/channels
- Proactively advise teams how to communicate about projects with some admin support
- Coordinate Bonsucro’s internal communications
- Update our websites
- Provide assistance to the CEO for external engagements
- Manage contractors such as designers and translators
- Experience in communications and social media activities in a professional environment
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Proven copywriting ability
- Familiarity with and prior use of graphic design software (e.g. Adobe CC)
- Proficient with IT-based and web systems (WordPress, Mailchimp and Salesforce are a plus)
- Confidence with administrative and logistical tasks
- Creativity and ability to take initiative
- Prior experience organising events and/or webinars
- Affinity with social and environmental sustainability issues
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong organisational skills and time management
- Good attention to detail
Other desirable criteria
- Ability to speak either Spanish or Portuguese
- Familiarity with themes on sustainability
- Prior experience working in an international team
- Track record in media relations
|Reports to||Communication and Events Manager|
|Salary||£27,000 – £30,000 p.a. & benefits|
|Location||London (Hybrid working)|
|Start date||As soon as possible|
|Hours||35 hours a week|
|Contract||12-month contract, with a view to extension|
How to Apply
Please send your CV along with a statement explaining how you meet the requirements of this role and why you want to work at Bonsucro to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is midnight on 13 September 2021. We will consider applicants on a rolling basis and so early submission is strongly encouraged. Please note that we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
Working at Bonsucro
We offer 25 days annual leave plus public holidays, a generous pension scheme with life insurance, learning and development opportunities, season ticket loans, and a childcare voucher scheme. Flexible working arrangements can be discussed although the team has recently moved to a hybrid way of working, with a mix of working from home and from the office, which will keep being reviewed in light of Covid-19.
Bonsucro is committed to being an inclusive employer and we value diversity. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
This job description reflects the core activities of the post. As the service and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. We expect that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. The line manager will consult the post-holder if significant changes to the job description become necessary. Any changes will be reflected in a revised job description.
Download a PDF of the job description here.