Bonsucro is looking for a Coordinator to support the development and execution of Bonsucro’s strategy in Brazil, one of the key sugarcane origins of the world and the country with the highest volumes of Bonsucro certified sugarcane-derived products.
Bonsucro is the global platform for sustainability in sugarcane. We work with people and organisations across the sugarcane supply chain, including small scale farmers and some of the world’s biggest brands. We recently launched a new five-year strategic plan with bold ambitions and are looking for a Coordinator in Brazil to help us meet these goals.
You will be responsible for supporting members in Brazil and provide regular updates on Bonsucro operations. You will play a key conduit role for information flow and will channel aspirations and needs from Brazilian members back to Bonsucro.
As part of the wider Latin America team and reporting to the Brazil Country Manager, your work will help raise Bonsucro’s profile and reputation in the sugarcane sector and among our members and partners in Brazil.
We are looking for someone who is versatile and organised, with excellent technical and communication skills. A good knowledge of Bonsucro certification system and standards is also key.
You are reliable, proactive, and comfortable working in a dynamic, remote, and multicultural environment with multiple tasks and deadlines.
This is a home office-based role that should also involve some travelling within Brazil and occasionally out of the country, subject to Covid-19 restrictions. You would also be preferably based in a sugarcane growing region of Brazil (Center-south, Center-west or Northeast) so that there is an easier contact with our member community.
In return, you will get an insight into an international organisation, working at the cutting edge of sustainable sugarcane production and with a friendly, welcoming team.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Implement a membership engagement strategy that can convey a strong value proposition aligned to Bonsucro’s Strategy 2021/26.
- Implement a membership retention strategy and securing targeted new members
- Ensure members’ needs are addressed and that members are correctly aligned to membership classes.
- In liaison with the Country Manager, strengthen the country membership engagement and communications.
- Promote the credibility, relevance, and lasting value creation of Bonsucro to members, potential members, and stakeholders
- Support the development and implementation of key strategic partnerships.
- Support the development, planning, and implementation of Bonsucro’s programmes in Brazil.
- Provide technical support for Bonsucro certified members, answer all technical questions related to the certification system (production standard, chain of custody and calculator), indicators, how to prove compliance, among other tasks.
- Lead the Bonsucro’s training offer to members in Brazil and coordinate local technical events.
- Support the Country Manager in the planning and managing of the country activity budget and operations.
- Periodically review and analyse program operations and provide findings and recommendations of areas of improvement.
- Share regular operational progress updates with the Country Manager
- Familiarity with Bonsucro certification system and standards (Production, Chain of Custody and Calculator)
- Familiarity with the Brazilian sugarcane sector, sugarcane farming and milling operations.
- Native Portuguese speaker with excellent written and spoken English language
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of Bonsucro
Other desirable criteria
- Sustainability-related educational background
- Prior experience working with membership/multi-stakeholder organizations
- Prior experience working in an international team
- Familiarity with other agricultural crops and sustainability
- Managing complex projects
- Data and numeracy skills
|Reports to||Country Manager, Brazil|
|Salary||£25,000 – £30,000 p.a. (inclusive of taxes)|
|Location||Brazil, home-office based, preferably based in a sugarcane region of Brazil (Center-south, Center-west or Northeast)|
|Start date||As soon as possible|
|Hours||40 hours a week|
|Contract||12-month consultancy contract, with view to extend longer term|
|Contractual notice period||1 month|
|Annual leave||33 days inclusive of Brazilian public holidays|
How to Apply
Please send your CV along with a motivation letter explaining how you meet the requirements of this role and why you want to work at Bonsucro to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also note that all documents must be submitted in English. This recruitment process will be fully conducted in English and virtually. The deadline for applications is 24 September 2021 at 23:59, Brazil time. Please note that we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
Working at Bonsucro
We provide good learning development opportunities to our staff, as well as a dynamic and inspiring work environment with a friendly culture. Working as part of the Latin America team of three other people based in Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico, you will report to the Country Manager Brazil.
Bonsucro is committed to being an inclusive employer and we value diversity. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
This job description reflects the core activities of the post. As the service and the post-holder develop, there will inevitably be some changes to the duties, and possibly to the emphasis of the post itself. We expect that the post-holder will recognise this and will adopt a flexible approach to work. This could include undertaking relevant training where necessary. The line manager will consult the post-holder if significant changes to the job description become necessary. Any changes will be reflected in a revised job description.
Download a PDF of the job description here.