Consultancy Opportunity: Benchmarking Sustainability Standards
Date: August 3, 2017
Deadline for submissions: August 20, 2017
Decision date: August 24, 2017
All work to be completed and finalised by 16 October 2017. Please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 20 August 2017 with Ref: Fairtrade Benchmark in the subject heading.
Bonsucro and Fairtrade Benchmarking Project
Bonsucro is looking to commission the benchmarking of three Fairtrade standards with two Bonsucro standards as part of a wider collaborative project between the two organisations to maximise impact on developing a coordinated approach. The Benchmarking Assessment will consist of the comparison of the Bonsucro Production and Chain of Custody standards with Fairtrade Standards for Small Producer Organisations (SPO), for Cane Sugar and the Fairtrade Trader Standard.
The objective of the project is to benchmark Bonsucro and Fairtrade standards, identifying gaps and complementarities between the two systems to better understand the level of alignment that currently exists. The benchmark will be conducted as a desktop study, with findings delivered in a Benchmark Assessment Report.
Bonsucro is looking for a consultant with the following qualifications and experience:
- Demonstrated experience benchmarking sustainability standards, including agricultural production standards
- Strong knowledge of agricultural production and sustainability standards
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge in sugarcane/sugar production (desired)
- Familiarity with Bonsucro and Fairtrade standards (desired)
The consultant will be selected based on their experience and expertise in conducting benchmarking assessments, their understanding of the approach and objective of the exercise, resource efficiency and their availability work to the project deadline (October 16, 2017).
Please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 August 2017 with Ref: Fairtrade Benchmark in the subject heading. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, with preference to candidates who are able to start the project by w/c September 4, 2017.
The application should include the following:
- A cover letter (no longer than 2 pages) with an expression of interest and a short proposal outlining the approach and tools to be used, and the proposed budget for the work (with daily rates for consultancy and number of days required to do this work).
- A detailed CV (no longer than 2 pages) that outlines relevant experience and qualifications
- A declaration of any potential conflicts of interest
- Contact information for 2 references
- Availability in September and October, including proposed start date
Please note that only candidates short-listed for this contract will be contacted for a follow-up discussion.
For a full description of the project please download this file.