Created in partnership with Innovation Forum, this event is designed for all stakeholders in the sugar value chain to discuss the commercial opportunities of implementing sustainability and ethical initiatives, and the practicalities of how to make them successful.
The conference offers the opportunity for a diverse group of stakeholders to discuss and debate the key issues facing the industry, through an interactive, engaging and practical format.
The conference will be the leading gathering of individuals, companies and organisations driving sustainability within the global sugar industry.
The forum will provide delegates with:
- A holistic view of the state of the sugar industry, and the actions needed to drive sustainable, systemic and positive progress
- Clear guidelines around how companies (from buyers to traders to producers) can together develop and implement sustainable sugar strategies throughout the supply chain
Some of the key themes and issues the 2017 agenda will address include:
- Transparency and traceability – how to understand your value chain through mapping to analyse where the risks and opportunities are
- Human rights due diligence – how to implement programmes for continuous improvement, remove human rights risks and infringements on land rights, and eliminate child and forced labour
- Smallholder farmers and producer community development – understand the best practices that improve productivity and yield, and benefit the livelihoods of smallholders
- Environmental pressures and resilience – hear the latest initiatives on how to proactively prepare sugar production for the future and issues such as loss of biodiversity, climate change and water scarcity
Innovation Forum and Bonsucro are currently looking for a small number of sponsors to work with, to push forward progressive discussion around sustainable sugar.
If you have any questions about the forum, or if you’re interested in being involved or supporting the event, please get in touch on the details below:
Innovation Forum: Events and Insight for Sustainability
Office: +44 (0) 203 780 7430 (London, UK time zone)
Direct: +44 (0) 203 780 74 34
In partnership with Innovation Forum
Pre-launch conference registration is now open and you can register on the link below. The current rates will be the lowest prices any time until the conference. The prelaunch rate ends on Friday 24th June.
Please note that Bonscro members get a £200 discount on any passes. If you are a Bonsucro member, please make sure to use the discount code ‘BONMEMBER’ to access the appropriate rate.
If you are looking to attend the conference with two or more colleagues, please email email@example.com to secure a group discount.Secure a pre-launch delegate pass here
Sustainable Sugarcane Forum.
Amnesty International Human Rights Action Center
25 New Inn Yard,