Bonsucro is a global network. We provide tools, connections and support across the entire industry to help develop professionalism and resilience in the businesses who work with sugarcane and its many products.
- A little more about us
- A network for everyone who works with sugarcane
- Helping businesses get recognised for excellence
A little more about us
Bonsucro is an organisation which believes in the power of sugarcane. In fact, we think it can play a valuable role in solving many of the 21st century’s problems. Bonsucro’s vision is a sugarcane sector with thriving, sustainable producer communities and resilient, assured supply chains. Our mission is to ensure that responsible sugarcane production creates lasting value for the people, communities, businesses, economies and eco-systems in all cane-growing origins. Bonsucro’s strategy builds a platform to accelerate change for the largest agricultural commodity in the world – sugarcane.
480+ members, from all corners of the globe, dedicated to better sugarcaneSee our members
25% of land under cane & 2.8 million tonnes
25% land under cane globally is in membership & nearly 3 million tonnes of sugar is Bonsucro CertifiedGet certified
This industry-owned standard is constantly evolvingStandards & Certification
A network for everyone who works with sugarcane
No matter which part of the supply chain you’re interested in, no matter the size or nature of your business: if you’re invested in sugarcane, and you want to ensure we all take the next step, you can do so as a member of Bonsucro.Join the network
Learn from sugarcane and business experts
Share your journey with people invested in it
Connect with our business improvement network
Bonsucro is a full member of ISEAL
As an ISEAL full member, we comply with all of ISEAL’s Codes of Good Practice, which provide a globally recognised framework used by leading sustainability standards. The three Codes of Good Practice focus on the core elements of a sustainability standard:
- The ISEAL Standard-setting Code defines how a standard should be developed, structured and revised. It requires multi-stakeholder consultation and decision-making, and ensures clear and auditable conditions in the standard itself.
- The ISEAL Assurance Code provides a clear framework for assessing compliance with standards. It encourages assurance that is rigorous and accessible, ensuring accurate and transparent results.
- The ISEAL Impacts Code supports robust monitoring and evaluation systems. It provides standards with a roadmap to measure progress against sustainability goals and to improve practices over time.
10 years | 3 evolutionary steps
1.0 The initiative (2005-2010)
Built a credible multi-stakeholder organisation for better sugarcane, initially focused on creating a global, objective performance standard for everything that mattered about producing sugarcane and its primary derived products.
2.0 The certification scheme (2011-2015)
Launched certification in 2011 under a new brand name of Bonsucro and for the next four years demonstrated the ability to manage and maintain both the framework behind the Standard as well as a credible third party certification.
3.0 The global sugarcane platform (2016 onwards)
Responding to stakeholders and recognising significant shifts in industry and development
thinking (role of certification and standards organisations), Bonsucro is repositioning itself to become the global change platform for sugarcane.